a product of the Canadian Bureau for International Education
What’s it like to travel 10,000 kms from home to study in a foreign country? Watch Progress0! and find out!
“Progress 0!” is an innovative community building program designed as a fully reciprocal cultural exchange between the Canada, and the Federative Republic of Brazil, through the auspices of The Canadian Bureau for International Education.
In September of 2012, Canada started receiving thousands of Brazilian students as part of the Science Without Borders program. Funded by the Brazilian Government, Science Without Borders aims to send over 100,000 Brazilian students to study internationally. The Government of Brazil is funding 75,000 scholarships and a further 26,000 are being funded by the private sector.
Currently there are more than 1,300 undergraduate Brazilian students in Canada enrolled in the program, in 77 different universities across the country.
Our goal with Progress0! is to show how these students are living and explore their thoughts about the program, presenting their routine and opinions. Progress0! will document the experiences of over 30 students, at 10 universities:
• Oshawa Uni. of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT)
• Toronto University Of Toronto and York University
• Guelph University Of Guelph
• Waterloo University of Waterloo
• St Catharine’s Brock University
• Windsor Windsor University
• Ottawa University of Ottawa
• Montreal McGill, Concordia and École de Technologie Supérieure
12x10mins uploaded every MONDAY starting July 1, 2013, finale airing September 23, 2013.